- Solapur’s 1st Uniform Garment Fair 2017 was India’s premium trading and sourcing platform exclusively for the Uniform, Shirts & Kids Wear industry.
- More than 100 brands to the retail and trade industry took part.
- Buyers interacted with latest brands, product innovations, industry leaders and got new business opportunities- all under one roof and within the span of 3 days.
- Established strategic business alliances and network with key industry players and new entrants.
- Buyers experienced the best spectrum of best quality international products and technology.
- Buyers witnessed most innovative products at the Innovative Product gallery.
- More than 5000 buyers from all over pan India had visited this event.
- Solapur is coming up as an favourite destination for investment in garment sector.
- Delegates from countries like Sudan, Israel, Qatar, Dubai, Nigeria, Africa, Malaysia etc added grace to this event by their presence.
- Had got a chance to explore possibility of same “MAKE IN SOLAPUR”
- Solapur’s 1st Uniform Garment Fair 2017 was the place to be!
Textile India 2017
The show established India as a global sourcing and investment destination and was inaugurated by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India.and We are proud to say that solapur’s garment industry represented the Maharashtra pavallion in this exhibition. Some highlights about the Textile India 2017:
- Five Union Ministers had chair conferences on various themes.. About 33 round tables by Industry Associations/ Councils. Signing of MoUs with Countries/ States / Associations / Institutions. B2B, B2G, G2G Meetings.
- "Textiles India - 2017", offered a big platform to the Indian manufacturers and exporters, to showcase the 'Made in India' range of merchandise and an opportunity to meet worldwide buyers and importers who were invited exclusively as a part of the distinct media plan for the show. An extensive visitor promotion campaign by direct mails, invitations, advertisements in trade magazines and road shows etc. was done to bring the top decision-makers to visit "Textiles India - 2017". Some of the participating countries were USA, China, UK, Australia, Germany, Bangladesh, South Korea, UAE, Vietnam & many more..
- "Textiles India - 2017" fair was one-stop sourcing destination for worldwide importers to source Indian Textiles in all its glorious form ranging from a wide array of products across the value chain including textile raw materials of all fibres; a wide range of fabrics & embellishments; value added textiles comprising made-ups, inclusive of home textiles; retail manufactured goods including clothing, garments & accessories and textile services including designing, processing, etc.
- With its extensive exhibition area of about 125,000 square metres, about 1000+ exhibitors will showcase their products and services, 2500+ International Buyers, 15000+ Domestic Buyers attended the show. Thematic display of textile and apparel products, Dedicated Pavilion for Startups, Skills, R&D Sustainability, best display and design etc. all are under one roof.
- It was a proud moment for garment industry of solapur, as a product i.e Tzitzit vest which is manufactured and exported from solapur was selected to be presented to Prime Minister of India hon’ble Narendra modiji and he personaly visited solapur pavilion to know more about the garment industry of solapur.
Battery of ministers who visited Solapur pavilion:
- H'ble Shri. Nitin Gadkari -Minister of Road Transport and Highways, and Shipping, Govt. of India
- H'ble Sou. Smriti Irani - Textile Minister, Govt. of India
- H'ble Shri. Radha Mohan Singh – Minister of Agriculture, Govt. of India
- H'ble Shri. Ananth Kumar – Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, Govt. of India
- H'ble Shri. Subhash Deshmukh- Minister cooperation, marketing & textiles, Govt. of Maharashtra
- H'ble Shri. Arjun Khotkar- Minister of State for Textile, Animal Husbandry, Dairy Development, and Fisheries, Govt. Of Maharashtra